Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Suzanne’s Favorite Running Songs

To follow-up on Jenn’s recent blog on music, I thought I’d share some songs that are featured on my running playlists. They are listed in no particular order but these are the songs that get me going, inspire me or just make me happy to listen to while running. I’m starting to put together my marathon playlist so feel free to provide suggestions. Mine will definitely include the songs listed below. Enjoy and don’t judge me too harshly for my musical tastes – I can’t help what keeps me running!

My Power Songs
Eminem: Till I Collapse, Lose Yourself, Not Afraid
Muse: Supermassive Black Hole, Uprising
Lady Gaga: Bad Romance, Poker Face, Just Dance, Telephone, Paparazzi
Britney Spears: Stronger, Piece of Me, Womanizer, 3, Anticipating
Kanye West: Stronger, Gold Digger
Glee: Don’t Stop Believin’, Halo/Walking on Sunshine, Gives You Hell
Def Lepard: Pour Some Sugar on Me

Girl Power
Mariah Carey: Obsessed, Touch My Body (Mariah is my FAVORITE singer!!)
No Doubt: Just a Girl
Shania Twain: Honey - I’m Home, Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
Taylor Swift: Love Story, You Belong to Me
Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl, What You Waiting For, Bubble Pop Electric
Fergie: Glamorous
Dixie Chicks: Let Er Rip
Kesha: Tik Tok, Your Love is My Drug, Blah Blah Blah
Avril Lavigne: Skater Boi, Girlfriend
Kelly Clarkson: My Life Would Suck Without You, Since You Been Gone
Cher: If I Could Turn Back Time, Strong Enough

Songs that Make Me Run Faster (or at least I’d like to think they do)
Black Eyed Peas: Hey Mama, I Gotta Feeling, Let’s Get it Started, Imma Be
Bon Jovi: Living’ On A Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Born to be my Baby
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Good Vibrations
C+C Music Factory: Gonna Make You Sweat
Ricky Martin: Cup of Life
Jennifer Lopez: Let’s Get Loud
Timbaland: The Way I Are
Rhianna: Don’t Stop the Music, Disturbia
Michael Jackson: Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough, Shake Your Body
50 Cent: In Da Club
Justin Timberlake: SexyBack
Pussycat Dolls: When I Grow Up, Don’t Cha
The Killers: Somebody Told Me
AQUA: Barbie

Inspirational
R Kelly: World’s Greatest, I Believe I Can Fly
Tina Turner: Simply the Best
Wicked (The Musical): Defying Gravity
Nickelback: Gotta Be Somebody, If Today Was Your Last Day
Mariah Carey: 100%, Make It Happen
U2: Beautiful Day, Elevation
Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
Jamie Foxx: Winner

Other Songs that I Run To
George Michael: Monkey, Faith
Wham: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Tupac: California Love
Jay-Z: We Run This Town
Kings of Leon: Be Somebody, Use Somebody
Linkin Park: Crawling, New Divide, In the End, One Step Closer, Numb
Nickelback: Rockstar
Adam Lambert: Whataya Want From Me, For Your Entertainment
Coldplay: Viva la Vida, Speed of Sound
Vanilla Ice: Ice-Ice Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Excellent comment below. Thanks!