Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chased by a dog and the Wind Kicked my A**

Successfully completed my first official week of training! Ran 3 miles on Friday and 5 miles today to finish my week of 3-4-3-5. It is windy, windy, windy here and boy did it kick my a**. There were times when I felt like I was not moving forward at all but I finished. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I had to make sure I got my run in today.

I also experienced getting chased by a dog. Not a fun experience but it sure does get the heart rate going! Luckily it wasn’t a huge dog but I was just praying it wouldn’t bite! The dog eventually left me alone, but does anyone have any tips on what to do when a dog starts barking and chasing you? Other than RUN!

Next week’s training is 3-4-3-6

Overall, it’s been a good week. I’ve felt good and have been able to sprint the last 400 meters of each run with what energy I have left – love that the Nike ipod sensor does that! I do think though that I need to plan one day of rest before my long run because my shins were a little sore after my run today, which I have never experienced. They felt fine while running but once I stopped it felt like my shins were on fire – not a pleasant feeling. I’m going to see if that makes a difference next week and will let you know.

Happy running!

SF Marathon Here I Come,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Excellent comment below. Thanks!