Yes, I skipped my 5k this past Sunday. Was gung ho about running in the rain until I woke up early on Sunday to check out the weather and it was raining heavily, windy and cold. I should clarify that it was cold for this California girl - not for anyone who lives in the Northeast or Midwest. Ha! So I decided to NOT go and went back to bed. You'll be happy to know that I did run a 5k but in the comfort of the gym. In checking out the results of the race and it did seem that there was a fair number of runners that made the same decision as me.
So far this week my training is going to plan. Ran 4 miles on Monday on the treadmill at work, rested today, and plan to run 5 miles on Wednesday, 3 miles on Thursday, cross train on Friday and run 6 miles on Saturday morning with the Fleet Feet half marathon training group. Did I mention the training group runs at 6:30 am in the morning? Oh my! Well at least I'll get it done first thing in the morning and check it off my list.
Happy new year everyone! I hope everyone is off to a great start and making progress on their resolutions. On that note, I figured I'd share my 2011 running/exercise goals.
- Run 4 half marathons (doubling my 2010 total)
- Improve half marathon PR by 15 minutes
- Join half marathon training group
- Try Bikram Yoga
- Continue to strengthen core through personal training workouts and/or classes
- Consistently workout 5 days a week
- Lose 5 lbs (stretch goal: lose 10 lbs)
- Eat better by reducing portion size and limiting consumption of ice cream, pizza, and bread
It's always good to have goals to shoot for so I'm excited to work towards achieving mine.