Thursday, March 18, 2010

Goals, Favorite Things and Music

Thanks to all our friends, family and blog friends that are supporting us in our marathon quest this year. All your comments and encouragement definitely added to my enthusiasm and excitement.

Next week, it will be 18 weeks before the marathon. I am following the 16 week training course outlined in “The Non-Runner’s Marathon Trainer” book that Jenn recommended. I’ve run all my life but never more than 5 miles at a time.

The last few months I’ve been getting my “running legs” back under me. I have to say that the last few times I’ve gone out for run I’ve been feeling better and better. Getting that runners high when you feel like you can run forever.

My two goals for this marathon are: (1) to complete the SF marathon and (2) run the entire marathon. I’m not running for a certain time, I just want to finish and run the whole thing. In talking to my dad – who ran 3 marathons – his best time was 3:15:40! Way to go Dad…let’s just say that he will be retaining the family marathon record.

And to build off of Jenn’s more recent blog, here are a few of my favorite things that I’ve found helpful in running and preparation:

1. Saucony running shoes – ProGrid Ride 2 - These shoes are so comfortable!
2. Balega running socks
3. Ipod Nike + sensor

I am like Jenn and need music to get me through. On my last run here are the songs that got me going (note: you will learn that I like ALL sorts of music): “In Da Club” (50 Cent), “What is this Feeling” and “Defying Gravity” (both from Wicked the musical).

What are your favorite running songs? Do you have a go to song when you really need to get going? Please share and any suggestions for me to listen to are appreciated as well. Happy running!

SF Marathon Here I Come,
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. You need some metal to get you going. :)

    Seriously, ask Jenn about stuff you might like. I recommend some Savatage tunes or Queensrÿche. Those things help with the motivation when the mileage gets tough.

    ReplyDelete

Post your Excellent comment below. Thanks!