Thursday, August 12, 2010

Suzanne Has A Bright Idea and Buys a New Pair of Shoes

Today I actually had a good idea! As I was stressing about how I was going to fit a workout in – especially because I haven’t run since Sunday – it occurred to me that I could run around the park during my daughter’s soccer practice tonight.

Honestly, I have never seen anyone do that or had it ever occurred to me that I could. Usually, I just bring my chair, my organizer or a book, and watch practice. So today I tried it. Luckily my daughter was fine with me not sitting right there and I was able to squeeze in a couple of miles. And, I was still able to watch practice – for the most part – and stopped so I could be there for water breaks to give her words of encouragement (it’s her first year playing soccer).

So I’m excited that I now have another way that I can get a workout in if I need to.

Oh, and good news…Mama got a new pair of shoes! After trying on quite a few different shoes at Fleet Feet I ended up with the same brand as my last ones – Saucony . They are so comfy and light. What is your favorite brand of shoes?

And to Jenn – I know all too well the disappointment that comes with not being able to run the marathon…the goal we both set out to accomplish. You are absolutely making the right decision for both your body and health. I’m proud of you for completing the half marathon (it’s a huge accomplishment) and now I’m excited for our half marathon adventures to continue!

Happy Running,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Excellent comment below. Thanks!