Thursday, September 16, 2010

Suzanne's Countdown Continues: 17 More Days to Go!

Thought I’d post a quick update today to let you know that my workouts have been on track and going really well. Five miles is feeling easy right now – please don’t let me jinx myself – and I’m feeling strong. During my last 5 mile run I enjoyed listening to my playlist of Muse, Kings of Leon, Coldplay and Linkin Park. That reminds me that I need to start on my playlist for the half marathon! Any suggestions?

Cross-training is going great and has been a really good balance to my running. I’m learning that I just have to squeeze my workouts in and sometimes just getting myself out the door (or down to the gym at work) is the biggest challenge.

I’ve also been following Hal Higdon’s advice (see my last blog for the tips) and easing into my runs by walking first and it seems to make a difference. In the past I'm always in such a hurry to get a run in that I immediately start running.

In other news, my “big sister” Judy is going to run the Urban Cow Half Marathon with me – she also ran the SF Half Marathon with me – so I’m super excited about that! Did I mention that Chick-fil-a is providing food after the race? YUMMO (to quote Rachael Ray)!

My parents, girls and my Uncle Ray and Aunty Kathy (who are visiting that weekend) are also attending the race so we’ll have quite a cheering section!

Happy Running,
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi Lauper - I love having her on my playlist. I hear her and picture her just bouncing all over, and I feel like it puts a spring in my step!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete

Post your Excellent comment below. Thanks!